Carpathian star way is an international project dealing with the environmental problem called light pollution. Organizations from 3 countries joined to preserve last areas in central Europe with natural starry skies.
The project is funded within the Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENI Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 through the grant contract HUSKROUA/1901/6.1/0044. The estimated EU Contribution is 576,224.28 €.
The Main objective of the project is to increase the awareness of the light pollution problem and to present the ways how to preserve starry nights in Carpathian Mountains by means of:
- Analysis of the light pollution and its impact on the environment
- Monitoring the light pollution level
- Consultations on ecological lighting solutions
- Cross – border coordination of procedures to reduce light pollution
- Creation of permanent educational centers
- Creation of permanent monitoring stations
- Presentation of the Dark Sky Parks mission
The implementation period is 01-07-2021 – 30-06-2023.